Tuesday 16 November 2010

Curitiba, Brazil

Curitiba was indeed the high light for me in Brazil. Taken care of by the Madalosso brothers, which seemed to know everybody in town, visiting my old colleagues and seeing some heavy machinery and equipment at the Aker Solutions factory in town, eating the best food in ages, looking at old junk and driving bulldozer. It hardly get any better than this.

Thanks a lot to everybody that we spent time with us, helped us and entertained us. Please drop me an email all of you as I miss a lot of your email addresses.


Tormod
tormod.amlien@gmail.com




Isadora, the sister of the infamous Madalosso brothers. Isadora is very pretty, and even better she’s a doctor. If I could find a wife this pretty and with this well paid profession I could retire immediately and focus on the things I’m good at, like driving motorcycles, drinking beer and being useless



Isadora suddenly recalled that she had not brushed her teeth in an hour or so, she got a bit shy and covered her mouth for the picture



Klaus, me, Lorenzo and a friend that runs a factory coating mirrors and glass, when he’s not collecting junk like us



Coating big glass plates. Factory visits is always more interesting to me than tourist destinations. Makes you remember that you’re a working class hero yourself



Our friend and factory owner



“Plata faar seg sugetur”. Not translatable to English



Klaus with a Chevrolet 1,5 Ton truck



The guys also had a small bulldozer I got to take for a spin. To test different machines is some the best way I can spend time, and the heavier, the better



Aker Solutions, my old employer also got a factory in Curitiba. I dropped by to visit some old friends. Here’s the Operations Manager that is checking out the first bike that has come over from Aker Solutions in Norway to visit them



Me, the Ops Mgr, Luiz Albuquerque and a couple of Scottish technicians from Controls in Aberdeen. I used to deal a bit with Luiz back in my working days, and Luiz received me and was the most helpful and pleasant guy you could imagine, just like I’ve know him from the first time we met in 2007



One for All MC in Curitiba invited us for a party one of the nights, great gang and a lot of fun



In their clubhouse



Another club in Curitiba, Sete Pelez (Seven Skins), which I got in touch with while meeting one of their members on the road in Paraguay



One of Sete Pelez members



Nelson, the guy I met in Paraguay that invited us for BBQ and any assistance we needed in Curitiba



This dude runs a comic shop in Curitiba, interesting guy to talk to as I love comics myself



Who can resist a smoothie with nice toppings? Friends of the Madalosso´s



Lorenzo is just like me, only hangs out with good looking people



Rainbow shaped horse, pulling the trash cart



Lorenzo takes the machine for a spin. Couldn’t understand how the f*** we bother to use these old pieces of shit around the world


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home